FRESH STREET#3 is coming to Galway in May 2019!
Circostrada, ARTCENA, in partnership with Galway 2020 and ISACS – Irish Street Arts and Spectacle Network – are happy to announce the 3rd edition of FRESH STREET – International Seminar for the Development of Street Arts.
This flagship event of Circostrada will bring together professional artists, programmers, researchers, pedagogues, journalists, and policy makers from all over Europe and beyond for a key focus on street arts.
This third edition will take place in the vibrant city of Galway, while preparations for Galway 2020 - European Capital of Culture will be in full swing! Exploring street arts as a tool for social, cultural, political and economic change, it will opt for an innovative conference model by inviting participants to connect with the local community and natural environment, building on an authentic encounter and a singular experience.
FRESH STREET#3 will explore the 4 following topic areas:
- Connections – how can artists and promoters create new working methods to work together in a less hierarchical way
- Education – how to create more opportunities for the street arts world and encourage more academic research in street arts?
- Urban environment – how best to use the streetscape in presenting outdoor work and how cultural and city planners can incorporate these considerations into their work
- Red tape – mapping the problem and searching for ways to overcome.
On the agenda of this 3-day seminar: you’ll get the chance to experience a field trip on the Aran Islands, where you’ll meet international artists who will share with you their experiences in working in rural places, you’ll attend outdoor performances, work-in-progress, panel discussions, enjoy professional talks, a plenary session, action-oriented activities, and much more!
Mark the dates in your calendar, ride the wave and embark on the FRESH STREET journey with us! We’ll be awaiting you on the west coast of Ireland!
- DOWNLOAD THE FULL PROGRAMME!
Co-organisers & Partners
|Circostrada - European Network for Circus and Street Arts|
|Galway 2020 - European Capital of Culture|
ISACS - The Irish Street Arts, Circus & Spectacle Network
With the support of:
|European Commission - Creative Europe Programme|
|French ministry of Culture|
|Failte Ireland - National Tourism Development Authority|
|Meet in Ireland|
|Galway Convention Bureau|
- DOWNLOAD THE PUBLICATION
In order to access this section, you must enter the password that has been sent to you per email.