SAWA#1 - Street Arts Winter Academy
- SAWA - Street Art Winter Academy
Gledališþe Ane Monro (SI), in partnership with Circostrada Network, the University of Winchester (UK) and the Advanced Itinerant Learning Programme for Street Arts (FAI AR, France), organised from February 13th to 15th of 2011 the first edition of the Street Arts Winter Academy in Pokljuka (Slovenia). This seminar gathered European professionals to tackle the issue of education and training programs available for artists working in street arts.
SAWA is an informal initiative, whose aim is to bring together individuals and organisations willing to meet at least once a year to share information, knowledge, expertise and other relevant issues. The seminar gathered European professionals and experts who contributed to a first collective conversation on the structuring of the transmission of skills within this artistic sector.
The four organisations worked on 4 objectives:
- Map the different existing education and training programs available for the street artists
- Discuss curricula and "contents" of existing programs (e.g. focusing only on theatre, on other artistic disciplines, on production aspects, etc.)
- Evaluate if and how these programs/ organisations could cooperate, eventually benefiting from EU financial support (Culture program, Long Life Learning program, etc.)
- Produce a first set of recommendations addressed to the street arts sector