FRESH CIRCUS #3: MOVING BORDERS
- Contemporary circus
- Fresh - international event for contemporary circus and outdoor arts
On April from 13 to 15 2016 in Paris, Circostrada Network, in partnership with La Villette, organised FRESH CIRCUS#3 - European Seminar for the Development of Circus Arts.
The third edition of this flagship event brought together 400 international professionals, artists and policy makers for a key focus on circus arts. Open panels, geographical round tables, thematic workshops and an artistic programme were on the agenda of this 3-day seminar, which addressed the theme 'Moving borders'. The objective? To explore in all latitudes the geography of circus arts to draw a picture of the development of contemporary circus across the globe.
This publication delivers the dynamic conclusions of all the sessions and formulates a series of practical recommendations for all professionals to improve the structuring and recognition of the sector in Europe and beyond.
Table of Contents
- Opening key note:#1 "Some thoughts on the purpose of stuff and other things" (Lucho Smit)
- Opening key note#2: "Universality of circus arts: from utopia to reality" (Pascal Jacob)
- Geographical roundtables #1 to #7
- Thematic workshops #1 to #8