Circus and Music: From Music Illustration to Sound Creation
- Contemporary circus
As part of the Spring Festival and in cooperation with the Rencontre Cirque organised by Onda - Office National de Diffusion Artistique, Circostrada Network, HorsLesMurs and La Brèche – Pôle National des Arts du Cirque de Basse-Normandie/Cherbourg-Octeville, organised the first Focus Meeting on 20 March 2015.
The meeting looked at new relationships between circus arts and music and provided the opportunity to examine how these forms of artistic expression are cultivated through their interaction within the circus environment.
- Angela Laurier, acrobat, director (Compagnie Angela Laurier)
- Marine Mane, writer, director (Compagnie In vitro)
- Christophe Ruetsch, composer
- Nicolas Mathis, director, juggler (Collectif Petit travers)
- Roland Auzet, writer, composer, director (Compagnie Act Opus)
- Alexander Vantournhout, acrobat, director
- Moderator : Charlotte Lipinska, journalist
This publication, written by Charlotte Lipinska, summarizes the main conclusions of this meeting.
Table of contents
- The Creative Process
- Music at the Heart of Creation
- Musical Training for Circus Performers