FRESH CIRCUS is coming to Auch in October 2019!
Flagship event of the Circostrada network, the International Seminar for the Development of Circus Arts came back to France after a successful fourth edition in Brussels in 2018! Co-organised with CIRCa - National Pole for Circus - the 2019’s edition took place in Auch (France) from 22 to 24 October, in the course of the 32th edition of the contemporary circus festival.
Entitled "Circus is everywhere!" FRESH CIRCUS#5 adapted the traditional conference model to the festival specificities and to the seminar topic, which explored the relation between circus and territories, with an emphasis on rurality.
Questioning the contexts of each project, its singularities and its territories, confronting knowledge and experiences, such were the stakes of this meeting.
On the agenda of this 3-day seminar: professional exchanges, artistic performances, pitches, real-life case studies illustrating circus projects on territories, informal meeting gathering diverse profiles, thematic debates, and many parallel activities including an eat & meet time to discover the local products of Gascogne.
Credits: Fragan Gehlker © Patrick Barbier
Programme of the seminar
- DOWNLOAD THE FULL PROGRAMME
20 CASE STUDIES TO EXPLORE
- DOWNLOAD THE BOOKLET PRESENTING THE 20 CASE STUDIES
SAVE THE DATES CARD
Call for projects
CALL FOR PROJECTS - "CIRCUS AND TERRITORIES"
Do you wish to take part in FRESH CIRCUS#5 and join us during this key meeting time to exchange and reflect on circus arts at the international level? Are you currently developing a circus project or know of a circus project dealing with territories that you wish to share?
Fill this form by March 8, 2019! (midnight, French time)
CONTEXT OF THE CALL
CIRCa, Circostrada Network and ARTCENA are pleased to launch this call for projects in the frame of the fifth edition of FRESH CIRCUS- International Seminar for the Development of Circus Arts.
FRESH CIRCUS is a not-to-be-missed event for the circus sector which gives the opportunity to meet and exchange with more than 400 European and international professionals from different backgrounds, who are active in the development of circus in Europe and beyond: artists, pedagogues, programmers, journalists, students, researchers and policy makers.
FRESH CIRCUS#5 will take place in Auch (France) from 22 to 24 October 2019, in the course of the 32th edition of CIRCA – contemporary circus festival – and will tackle the relations between circus and territories. If circus invites itself everywhere, however it takes root differently depending on the territories and partnerships formed. Questioning the contexts of each project, its singularities, that of the territories where it is being developed, and to share experiences and good practices with international peers, such will be the stakes of this meeting.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for 20 actors, who have initiated, developed or supported a circus project on a territory and who are able to come with one of their partners.
- By “project” we mean for example a place, a cultural action, a network, a school, etc.
- By “actor” we mean for example an artist, a company, an organisation, a school, an institutional operator – in other words, any kind of person who is at the origin of such a project.
- By “territory” we mean the geographical area on which the project is being settled.
These projects must be ongoing or already achieved. Pending or unfinished projects which have reached an advanced reflection stage with some partners are also relevant to us.
The selected projects will have the opportunity to be presented in the frame of the FRESH CIRCUS#5 programme on October 22nd, 2019 in front of some 50 international professionals and will serve as a basis for a discussion facilitated by experts (city planners, policy makers, artists, architects, sociologists, etc.)
It is therefore essential that the project initiators are able to communicate in a clear, interactive and dynamic manner on their initiatives. The presentation should be performed either in English and/or in French.
The quality of the project will not be judged.
The final selection will take into account the following elements:
- Representativeness of countries (North, South, in and outside Europe)
- The type of territory (rural, peri-urban, metropolitan centers, etc.)
- The diversity of project developers
- The number and singularity of involved partners
- The inclusive and innovative nature of the project
This selection will be carried out by an international committee made up of Circostrada members and the selected projects will be announced on April 10, 2019.
REIMBURSEMENT OF EXPENSES FOR THE SELECTED PROJECTS
- Maximum 2 persons per project (the project initiator and a key partner)
- Meals covered: 1 meal per person on October 22nd, 2019
- Accommodation: 1 to 2 nights maximum per person
- Shows: personal invitation for 3 shows of the festival
YOU STILL DON’T KNOW FRESH CIRCUS?
How to get there?
How to come to CIRCa?
Allée des Arts – 32000 Auch (France)
+33 (0)5 62 61 65 02
How to come to Auch?
- By car :
From Toulouse : 1h10 via RN 124
From Bordeaux : 2h30 via A62, exit 7, and RN
- By plane:
Closest aiports: Toulouse-Blagnac / Agen-La Garenne / Tarbes-Lourdes-Pyrénées
- By train or by bus :
To go to Auch train station, regular connections from :
Average travel time > 1h40
During the week: 8 buses per day, between 6:10 and 22:20
On Saturday: 5 buses per day, between 6:10 and 22:20
On Sunday: 5 buses per day, between 9:20 and 20:25
Average travel time > 1h40
During the week: 11 trains per day, between 6:24 and 20:25
On Saturday: 8 trains per day, between 6:10 and 22:20
On Sunday: 7 trains per day, between 9:20 and 20:25
Once in Auch
If you are not accommodated in Auch, think about renting a car.
- In Auch
- In Agen
Airport: Sixt, Europcar, Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Train station: Sixt, Europcar, Avis France
- In Toulouse
Airport: Firefly Car Rental, Sixt, National Car Rental, Avis, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, InterRent, Alamo Rent A Car, Hertz
Train station: Avis, Sixt, Hertz, Europcar, Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Where to stay?
Every year, you are more and more to come to celebrate circus in Auch during the CIRCa festival. You will be even more this year with the FRESH CIRCUS#5 seminar!
So, anticipate your arrival and book your accommodation now. You can also book accommodations in typical villages close to Auch. To get there, car rental contacts can be found in the “How to get there?” tab.
The availability and rates below are given for information purposes.
The codes are valid only for a very limited number of rooms.
DOMAINE DE BAULIEU
- Address: Route de Lussan, 32000 Auch (2,8km from CIRCa)
- Rate: 110€/night (breakfast included)
- Code: FRESHCIRCUS
- Contact: email@example.com - +33 (0)5 62 59 97 38 - Website
- 13 single rooms booked until 31/07/2019. Please note that after this date, the negotiated rate of 110€ per night will not be guaranteed and will most likely raise.
- Address : 51 chemin de Nareoux, 32000 Auch (4km from CIRCa)
- Rate : 96€/night + 9,90€ (breakfast) + 1€/jour (tourist tax)
- Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 (0)5 62 63 63 05 - Website
- 20 double rooms booked until 05/08/2019
- Address : Route de Tarbes, 32000 Auch (3,7km from CIRCa)
- Rate. Code : CIRCAFRESHCIRCUS
Standard rooms with double beds (x8) et standard rooms with twin beds (x4)
> 1 person per room: 73€/night (breakfast included) + 0,9€/day (tourist tax)
> 2 persons per room: 81€/night (breakfast included) + 1,8€/day (tourist tax)
Superior rooms with double beds (x2)
> 1 person per room: 77€/night (breakfast included) + 0,9€/day (tourist tax)
> 2 persons per room: 85€/night (breakfast included) + 1,8€/day (tourist tax)
- Contact : email@example.com - +33 (0)5 62 05 02 83 - Website
- 14 rooms booked until 01/08/2019
- HOTEL NUIT DE SHANGHAI: located in lower town
contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 (0)5 62 05 26 81
- HOTEL IBIS: located at the city entrance
contact : email@example.com - +33 (0)5 62 63 55 44 - Website
- IBIS BUDGET: located at the city entrance
contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 (0)8 92 68 09 03 - Website
- HOTEL DE FRANCE: located in upper town
contact : email@example.com - +33(0) 5 62 61 71 71 - Website
- LE CONSULAT: located in the city center
contact : +33 (0)6 16 84 56 42
- LE GAVACHON: 10Km from Auch, towards Toulouse - You will need to arrange transportation to get to CIRCa
contact : +33 (0)6 80 08 12 08 or +33 (0)5 62 06 09 13
- CHATEAU LES CHARMETTES: located at the city entrance - You will need to arrange transportation to get to CIRCa
contact : +33 (0)5 62 62 10 10 or +33(0)5 62 62 02 62 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- HÔTEL DE BASTARD: located in Lectoure (37km from Auch) - You will need to arrange transportation to get to CIRCa
contact : email@example.com - +33(0)5 62 68 82 44 - Website
- HÔTEL LE RELAIS: located in Fleurance (25km from Auch) - You will need to arrange transportation to get to CIRCa
contact : firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 (0)5 62 06 05 08 or - +33 (0)6 80 10 86 78 - Website
- HÔTEL LE FLEURANCE: located in Fleurance (25km from Auch) - You will need to arrange transportation to get to CIRCa
contact : email@example.com - +33 (0)5 62 06 14 85 - Website
To get to the hotels in Fleurance and Lectoure, you can take the bus 932 that goes from Auch to these two cities, 8 times a day. You can find the timetable here (in French only).
Gites and Guestrooms
- Domaine Au Périsson (Le Brouilh-Monbert)
- Les Didascalies (Vic-Fezensac)
- La Fenière / Domaine de Besmaux (Pavie)
- Gîte du Tournet (Gimont)
- Le Hameau des Etoiles (Fleurance)
- VVF Villages Pays du Gers (Mauvezin)
Gers tourisme in Gascogne: https://www.gers-reservation.com/
Tourist Office: https://www.auch-tourisme.com/Dormir
Where to eat?
Where to eat and meet?
Food-trucks will be staying on site during the whole festival.
You can also have a look at the following list of restaurants located in Auch city and around provided by our partner Office de Tourisme du Grand Auch Cœur de Gascogne.
Mathilde Grosclaude – FRESH CIRCUS#5 Coordinator (CIRCa)
Marion Marchand - International Coordination Officer (Circostrada)
+33 (0)1 43 57 90 35
Laura Gérard – International Communication Officer (Circostrada)
In order to access this section, you must enter the password that has been sent to you per email.