CS LAB#5 in Manchester
Our role as Cultural Leaders in instigating change
Co-organised by XTRAX in Manchester (UK), the purpose of this CS Lab will be to question how, as cultural leaders, we can instigate lasting change in our practice and organisations. It will combine a range of practical skills workshops, focussed discussions and inspirational talks addressing the topics of leadership, equality and advocacy in the Outdoor Arts and Circus sectors.
There will be a particular focus on the themes of inclusiveness and diversity which will constitute a common thread across each of the sessions. We will reflect on the constitution of our workforce, audiences and programmes; asking ourselves whether the outdoor arts sector is as diverse and accessible as it appears to be and explore how, as cultural leaders, we can make a step-change.
Aims of this CS Lab
- Encourage a self-critical assessment and propose a forward-thinking approach to become change makers
- Give tools, techniques and strategies to create lasting change within our own practice and organisations
- Interrogate what is stopping us from being fully representative sector and how we can ensure that everybody is included
- Learn skills and strategies to advocate effectively for your work and build support
- This seminar is designed primarily for mid-career cultural leaders working in the field of circus and/or outdoor arts with a strong desire to transform their cultural practice and engagement.
[Upon registration] - Limited Capacity (15 participants).
Registration deadline: March 25
In light of the Coronavirus pandemic, the CS LAB#5, scheduled initially from 21 to 23 April in Manchester will be transformed into a digital learning and sharing experience. We will inform you of the new modalities once defined.
Witness This by Company Chameleon © Victor Frankowski
- DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAMME
In order to access this section, you must enter the password that has been sent to you per email.