Circus and music: from sound illustration to musical creation
- Focus - transdisciplinary meetings
In partnership with La Brèche - Pôle National des Arts du Cirque de Basse-Normandie / Cherbourg-Octeville, Circostrada Network organised on March 20 2015 a Focus meeting on the topic: « Circus and music: from sound illustration to musical creation ».
Looking at the new relationships between circus and music, this meeting was the opportunity to analyse how these disciplines interact and influence each other inside circus creations.
This meeting was organised in the framework of Spring Festival and in relation with the Rencontre cirque proposed by Onda - Office national de diffusion artistique. It was moderated by Charlotte Lipinska, journalist and author of the publication commissioned by Circostrada on the same topic.
With the participation notably of:
- Alexander Vantournhout, acrobat and director
- Angela Laurier, acrobat and director (Angela Laurier Company)
- Christophe Ruetsch, composer
- Marine Mane, author and director (In Vitro Company)
- Nicolas Mathis, director and juggler (Collectif Petit Travers)
- Roland Auzet, composer, author and director (Act Opus Company)
Circostrada produced an online publication written by Charlotte Lipinska, presenting additional findings, extracts of the meeting and examples to better illustrate this topic.
Find above the link to the publication.