FRESH CIRCUS is coming to Auch in October 2019!
Flagship event of the Circostrada network, the International Seminar for the Development of Circus Arts is coming back to France after a successful fourth edition in Brussels last year! Co-organised with CIRCa - National Pole for Circus - the 2019’s edition will take place in Auch (France) from 22 to 24 October, in the course of the 32th edition of the contemporary circus festival.
Entitled "Circus is everywhere!" FRESH CIRCUS#5 will adapt the traditional conference model to the festival specificities and to the seminar topic, which is the relation between circus and territories, with an emphasis on rurality.
Questioning the contexts of each project, its singularities and its territories, confronting knowledge and experiences, such will be the stakes of this meeting.
On the agenda of this 3-day seminar: professional exchanges, artistic performances, pitches, real-life case studies illustrating circus projects on territories, informal meeting gathering diverse profiles, thematic debates, and many parallel activities including an eat & meet time to discover the local products of Gascogne.
Credits: Fragan Gehlker © Patrick Barbier
Programme of the seminar
- DOWNLOAD THE FULL PROGRAMME
20 CASE STUDIES TO EXPLORE
- DOWNLOAD THE BOOKLET PRESENTING THE 20 CASE STUDIES
How to get there?
How to come to CIRCa?
Allée des Arts – 32000 Auch (France)
+33 (0)5 62 61 65 02
How to come to Auch?
- By car :
From Toulouse : 1h10 via RN 124
From Bordeaux : 2h30 via A62, exit 7, and RN
- By plane:
Closest aiports: Toulouse-Blagnac / Agen-La Garenne / Tarbes-Lourdes-Pyrénées
- By train or by bus :
To go to Auch train station, regular connections from :
Average travel time > 1h40
During the week: 8 buses per day, between 6:10 and 22:20
On Saturday: 5 buses per day, between 6:10 and 22:20
On Sunday: 5 buses per day, between 9:20 and 20:25
Average travel time > 1h40
During the week: 11 trains per day, between 6:24 and 20:25
On Saturday: 8 trains per day, between 6:10 and 22:20
On Sunday: 7 trains per day, between 9:20 and 20:25
Once in Auch
If you are not accommodated in Auch, think about renting a car.
- In Auch
- In Agen
Airport: Sixt, Europcar, Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Train station: Sixt, Europcar, Avis France
- In Toulouse
Airport: Firefly Car Rental, Sixt, National Car Rental, Avis, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, InterRent, Alamo Rent A Car, Hertz
Train station: Avis, Sixt, Hertz, Europcar, Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Where to stay?
Every year, you are more and more to come to celebrate circus in Auch during the CIRCa festival. You will be even more this year with the FRESH CIRCUS#5 seminar!
So, anticipate your arrival and book your accommodation now. You can also book accommodations in typical villages close to Auch. To get there, car rental contacts can be found in the “How to get there?” tab.
The availability and rates below are given for information purposes.
The codes are valid only for a very limited number of rooms.
DOMAINE DE BAULIEU
- Address: Route de Lussan, 32000 Auch (2,8km from CIRCa)
- Rate: 110€/night (breakfast included)
- Code: FRESHCIRCUS
- Contact: email@example.com - +33 (0)5 62 59 97 38 - Website
- 13 single rooms booked until 31/07/2019. Please note that after this date, the negotiated rate of 110€ per night will not be guaranteed and will most likely raise.
- Address : 51 chemin de Nareoux, 32000 Auch (4km from CIRCa)
- Rate : 96€/night + 9,90€ (breakfast) + 1€/jour (tourist tax)
- Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 (0)5 62 63 63 05 - Website
- 20 double rooms booked until 05/08/2019
- Address : Route de Tarbes, 32000 Auch (3,7km from CIRCa)
- Rate. Code : CIRCAFRESHCIRCUS
Standard rooms with double beds (x8) et standard rooms with twin beds (x4)
> 1 person per room: 73€/night (breakfast included) + 0,9€/day (tourist tax)
> 2 persons per room: 81€/night (breakfast included) + 1,8€/day (tourist tax)
Superior rooms with double beds (x2)
> 1 person per room: 77€/night (breakfast included) + 0,9€/day (tourist tax)
> 2 persons per room: 85€/night (breakfast included) + 1,8€/day (tourist tax)
- Contact : email@example.com - +33 (0)5 62 05 02 83 - Website
- 14 rooms booked until 01/08/2019
- HOTEL NUIT DE SHANGHAI: located in lower town
contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 (0)5 62 05 26 81
- HOTEL IBIS: located at the city entrance
contact : email@example.com - +33 (0)5 62 63 55 44 - Website
- IBIS BUDGET: located at the city entrance
contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 (0)8 92 68 09 03 - Website
- HOTEL DE FRANCE: located in upper town
contact : email@example.com - +33(0) 5 62 61 71 71 - Website
- LE CONSULAT: located in the city center
contact : +33 (0)6 16 84 56 42
- LE GAVACHON: 10Km from Auch, towards Toulouse - You will need to arrange transportation to get to CIRCa
contact : +33 (0)6 80 08 12 08 or +33 (0)5 62 06 09 13
- CHATEAU LES CHARMETTES: located at the city entrance - You will need to arrange transportation to get to CIRCa
contact : +33 (0)5 62 62 10 10 or +33(0)5 62 62 02 62 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- HÔTEL DE BASTARD: located in Lectoure (37km from Auch) - You will need to arrange transportation to get to CIRCa
contact : email@example.com - +33(0)5 62 68 82 44 - Website
- HÔTEL LE RELAIS: located in Fleurance (25km from Auch) - You will need to arrange transportation to get to CIRCa
contact : firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 (0)5 62 06 05 08 or - +33 (0)6 80 10 86 78 - Website
- HÔTEL LE FLEURANCE: located in Fleurance (25km from Auch) - You will need to arrange transportation to get to CIRCa
contact : email@example.com - +33 (0)5 62 06 14 85 - Website
To get to the hotels in Fleurance and Lectoure, you can take the bus 932 that goes from Auch to these two cities, 8 times a day. You can find the timetable here (in French only).
Gites and Guestrooms
- Domaine Au Périsson (Le Brouilh-Monbert)
- Les Didascalies (Vic-Fezensac)
- La Fenière / Domaine de Besmaux (Pavie)
- Gîte du Tournet (Gimont)
- Le Hameau des Etoiles (Fleurance)
- VVF Villages Pays du Gers (Mauvezin)
Gers tourisme in Gascogne: https://www.gers-reservation.com/
Tourist Office: https://www.auch-tourisme.com/Dormir
Mathilde Grosclaude – FRESH CIRCUS#5 Coordinator (CIRCa)
Marion Marchand - International Coordination Officer (Circostrada)
+33 (0)1 43 57 90 35
Laura Gérard – International Communication Officer (Circostrada)
In order to access this section, you must enter the password that has been sent to you per email.