- Fresh Events
Circostrada Network organized Fresh Circus#2, European seminar on the sustainable development of circus arts, on the 12th and 13th of April 2012. The goal of this moment of reflection and exchange was to formulate a series of practical recommendations to improve the infrastructure and recognition of the sector.
FRESH CIRCUS#2 in a nutshell...
2 days at Parc et Grande Halle de la Villette
490 participants from 42 countries 44% of foreign participants
20 simultaneous interpreters, 4 keynote speakers, 30 speakers, 10 moderators, 13 European cooperation projects presented, 8 info sessions
10 thematic workshops
- Contemporary circus aesthetics: standardisation, globalisation, diversity of cultural expressions?
- Artistic residency programmes: How to make use of space and time?
- Which types of cooperation with business are possible?
- Social circus: what impact for citizens?
- Audience development: the role of new media?
- How do you criticise circus arts?
- From début to retirement: which professional pathways?
- "Green circus arts": what environmental responsibilities?
- Our neighbours from other continents: which collaborations are possible?
- After production and co-production, who is commissioning?
This event was held in the framework of the festival Hautes Tensions, in partnership with the Parc et Grande Halle de la Villette, the French Ministry of Culture and Communication, Onda, Fondation BNP-Paribas and Stradda magazine.