Street Arts Winter Academy#4: Creating the European Federation of Education and Training in Street Arts
- Street Arts
The fourth edition of the Street Arts Winter Academy was held in Maribor, Slovenia between 6 and 8 March 2015 and gathered European professionals, academics and students to decide upon
a way forward for the Education and Training in Street Arts.
In this publication, Circostrada Network offers a synthesis of the conference proceedings that included a further exchange of methods and approaches to ETSA and led to the ratification of SAWA into a new organisation called EFETSA, the European Federation for Education and Training in Street Arts.
Table of contents
Contributions to the seminar: Context
- European Cultural Policy - Julie Ward Member of the European Parliament & Culture Committee
- Why ETSA are essential for the future of Street Arts - Goro Osojnik, Director, Gledališcˇe Ana Monro/ Founder of Šugla and Tea Vidmar, Pedagogical Leader, Šugla Street Theatre School, Slovenia
- Conference of the Birds – a project and a metaphor for formal and Informal teaching methods - Sally Mann, Director, Fuse Performance and John Lee, Head of BA for Street Arts University of Winchester
Contributions to the seminar: Methods and approaches to Education and Training in Street Arts
- Transforming Teaching Methods from Contemporary Dance - Vita Osojnik Choreographer and Dancer (Slovenia)
- Towards international Qualifications and Experiences in ETSA - Dr Olu Taiwo, Senior Lecturer BA Street Arts, University of Winchester (UK)
- Training in Street Arts is like fireworks - Dr Ebru Gökdag ̆, Anadolu University (Turkey)
- Contributions from Participants