FRESH CIRCUS#3 - Moving borders
- Fresh Events
FRESH CIRCUS#3 "Moving borders"
After the great success of the last edition that took place in 2012 and gathered more than 400 international professionals, FRESH CIRCUS - International Seminar for the Development of Circus Arts, is back in 2016 for a new edition!
Organised by Circostrada Network and HorsLesMurs, in partnership with La Villette, between April 13-15 in La Villette (Paris, France) the third edition of this not-to-be-missed “rendez-vous” will bring together circus players, artists, programmers, journalists, researchers and policy-makers for 3 days of intense reflection and exchanges.
Entitled "Moving Borders", FRESH CIRCUS#3 will explore in all latitudes the geography of circus arts to draw a picture of the development of contemporary circus across the globe.
> Regional roundtables: fresh perspectives
Through regional roundtables, FRESH CIRCUS#3 will give the opportunity to participants to meet professionals from different parts of the world, to share fresh views and study in depth a territory around a specific topic with key players coming from these regions:
- Maghreb - Artists facing conflicts
- Asia - New projects shaping territories
- Central Europe - The emergence of contemporary circus
- Central America and Latin America - The artists’ path: from social circus to circus creation
- South Europe - Artists’ mobility or emigration?
- Germany, Switzerland - New generation, new models, new energies
> Thematic workshops: setting the stage for the sustainable development of contemporary circus
Thematic workshops will complete this rich programme, allowing the participants to pool their experiences, reflecting together on new opportunities for circus players and challenging topics for the development of the sector on a global scale, including:
- Innovative business models for contemporary circus
- Artistic paths: the different steps in the life of a circus artist
- How to support creation?
- International mobility
- Fresh education to circus arts
- Everybody talks about circus
- How do we work with audience?
- Public policies supporting contemporary circus
Around Fresh Circus#3
Besides, the seminar will combine professional meetings, networking opportunities and an artistic programme proposed by La Villette, in close partnership with other vibrant cultural scenes and organisations in Paris and its suburbs.
FRESH CIRCUS#3 is organised by Circostrada Network, coordinated by HorsLesMurs, in partnership with La Villette. It is realised with the support of the Creative Europe programme of the European Commission, the French Ministry of Culture and Communication, ONDA, the Institut français and Ville de Paris.